How to clear the cache and cookies in your web browser
Clear the cache and cookies in your web browser
If you are using Chrome browser then you can follow below steps to clear the cache and cookies in your browser:
- First open chrome on your computer.
- Then at the top right, click More.
- Now click More tools > Clear browsing data.
- Now choose a time range at the top. If you want to delete everything, select All time.
- After that next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Now click Clear data to complete the process.
Similarly you can clear the cache and cookies in your other browsers like Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Keyboard shortcut for most browsers
No matter which browser you are using out of Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, you have the option to use keyboard shortcut to quickly clear cookies and cache. In your window you can press Ctrl+Shift+Delete at once to open the appropriate window to clear cache and cookies. If you are using chrome then you can follow below steps:
- Click on Tools menu.
- Then select history.
- Then select the Clear Browsing Data from the left-hand side.You need to check-mark Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files and select Clear Data.
Now close your browser or you can quit the program if you are using Mac for changes to take affect.
For Firefox you can follow below steps:
- First click on tools bar.
- Then click on preferences which on PC are called settings.
- Now select privacy on the menu to the right.
- Then under the history option, you can see a shortcut titled "clear your recent history". You need to click that.
- After that select only the top four options and hit clear now.
- Now close out of your browser or quit the application if on Mac for changes to take effect.
Why clear cache and cookies?
You always want trouble free internet browsing experience. When you cleari Cache and Cookies then it is an important first step in tis direction of almost any troubleshooting for internet browsing. The 'cache' is a tool which is used by your internet browser to speed up the page loading process. But sometimes it can cause a problem. This happens especially when websites are updated and developed as files saved in the cache may conflict with what is actually coded into the website. When you clear Cache and Cookies then you can be sure that any issues you may come across are actually something wrong with the website, and there is no inconsistencies caused by using different browsers.For any help for any browser you can call our browser support number.